Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another beautiful Sunday in Kenya!

Hey there!

Today was a very great day. We went to church from 9:30-2:30… Yes, we were literally in church from 9:30 AM until 2:30 PM. It was great, though. The church services over here are so different than in America. These people know how to praise Jesus! I wish there was a way to describe how powerful each service I’ve been to has been. There is not a moment that I don’t feel completely surrounded by the Holy Spirit during the services. I wish everyone had the opportunity to experience a real Kenyan church service at least once!

After lunch we went to Euticaul’s house for lunch. His wife made us the best meal EVER! We had a blast! I love him and his family. They are so amazing. They make me laugh so hard!

Tomorrow we are doing VBS at the Youth Center. It should be spectacular! I can’t wait. I am in charge of making sure they know Jesus… No pressure or anything, right? I’m glad that my team trusts me with that! :-\

Anyways, please keep praying for us. We fly out to the Masai Mara on Tuesday morning on the world’s smallest plane EVER, so, pray we don’t like die. I hear you can see the herds of animals running along the plains from the air! That will be flipping awesome!

Now it is time for the quote of the day:

“Okay guys… I told the Catholics that we will be challenging them in a jump rope competition today at 5:00!” – Kathy

Love you all! HAPPY FATHERS DAY, DAD!!!!!


-Marissa


Matt Skinner: You are supposed to live in Kenya. Here are the numerous reasons why:
1. THEY MAKE DETERGENT JUST FOR SOCCER PLAYERS!!! It is in the shape of a soccer ball. It’s made to get grass stains and body odor smells out of soccer clothes. I was going to buy you some, but it definitely weighed too much to fit in luggage. It made me laugh pretty hard when I saw it, though.
2. Everyone plays soccer. They make their own balls and play their little hearts out. It’s awesome.
3. The whiter you are the more famous you are. They never EVER see white people here, so, they think that white people are like super heroes!
4. I’ve heard the Beatles in a million different stores I’ve walked into. They have a true appreciation for them. :
So.. With all that said—you are DEFINITELY meant to be here!! : )

Jennifer: I didn’t forget about you. I love you girl. I can’t wait to tell you all my stories and show you all my pictures!

Laura: I miss you loads. I love you very much and can’t wait to see youuuuuuuuuuu on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment